Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Three: Chick-Fil-A

My friend Hannah and I went out for our weekly girls club lunch (minus Amanda who is in NYC- miss you!!!) and today I gave/bought Hannah some delicious chicken nuggets.... And I think she is gonna take the challenge as well!
I realize that most people give of themselves, their time, and their resources every single day. Its what makes the world go round! But acknowledging the giving, getting outside of my head and consciously thinking, "what am i going to give today?" (even if its just a few delicious nuggets) does a number of things:
1. I have started to react to people differently-- instead of saying, "hey get outta my way, other person!" I'm starting to say, "i wonder if there is anything i can give you?"
2. I have experienced a huge creative surge. I'm actually starting all those craft projects that have been brewing in my head so I'll have more to give.
3. and this may be just because spring is in the air, but I am feeling strangely optimistic....

1 comment: