Friday, December 12, 2008

Fabulous Friday

Ever since I started my M-F, 9-5 jobby-job, I understand why everyone makes such a big deal about Friday. Fridays are pretty fabulous. So, to celebrate, each Friday i will post something that i think is particularly fab. Sound good? Great! Here we go.


Today we celebrate an artist I discovered at Birmingham's ArtWalk. In a word, FABULOUS. I am saving my money now in order to buy one of his original works. "But, Aunt Fabulous, what is this dude's name?" ok ok ok (drum roll please) JOHN LYTLE WILSON!!!! I dont think I can begin to describe this guys work- you're just gonna have to see for yourself. Below is a snap shot i took with my phone of an actual painting from his "Corrected Paintings" series ( I doubt that was a very couth thing for me to do, taking a picture of an artists painting right in front of the artist, but i just couldn't help it- these paintings are so damn awesome!).



See what i mean? Fabulous. I think this one is my favorite. Its as if Robots invaded a Bob Ross painting! (by the by, Bob Ross is my favorite artist of all times and i am forever on the lookout for a Ross Original- if anyone has one they would like to get rid of, lemme know!) Please visit Mr. Wilson's site and wander through his many fabulous works. I love his use of color- so bright, so bold- and his subject matter. . . does it get any better than monkeys, unicorns, and robots? (just to mention a few!) Its poppy, its iconic, and it makes me smile real big! SO- Hooray for John Lytle Wilson! Hooray for Friday! Hooray for Fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment